Monday 14 February 2011

A new toy

Afternoon bloggers :) Hope everyone is loved up and having a happy Valentines day.  I am a happy bunny at the moment as there is a new toy to play with, a bright shiny red laptop! It became obvious that the cheapo desktop computer wasn't very reliable and it was decided that a new one was necessary, it's not particularly fancy but it should be better than the old PC. I got all excited and had to hop from foot to foot when I realised that I could sit in bed and watch DVDs and even talk to you all WITHOUT WIRES!!!! Fancy that! I know that this is probably very old hat to most of the world, but technology has made very slow inroads into my home so believe me this is a big deal, lol.

Anyway, I thought that this card is quite appropriate today, this might be me very soon, blogging in my dressing gown and playing with the new toy.  Coloured in copics, I tried to make it as if the light from the laptop was illuminating her face but the light should have been a bit cooler than I've done it. It was an experiment though so I'm happy enough with it.



I am entering this in the Make It Colourful challenge, which this week is to add shadow and depth to your image, I hope I achieved it with my colouring.


Happy Crafting!
Carole x

17 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Carole, Oh I have just made a couple of cards with this very image, I love it don't you...but then Mo does the most fab images ever...lol....LOVE your card, and do like how the light catches her face, clever girl..enjoy your new lap top, bet you'll have loads of fun with it....xxxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Hi Carole - I love this image and how you have put the card together, I've made a couple of these they are so different from the norm for ladies....who blog of course..lOl..lOL.
Sorry to hear that I made you spend some money...

Anne

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely card again, Carole, and how nice-to have a laptop - you have arrived at state-of+the arts-progress! Enjoy it! I couldn't do without my laptop anymore, as you know, take it everywhere, even when I am in hospital, just great! I'm so pleased for you!

chrissy xx said...

LOve your card Carole. Yes!! It looks like you lol with the dark hair, have you coffee or tea in that beaker he! he!. Your laptop sounds ideal.
Chrissyxx

Vicky said...

Just wonderful Carole and I love the layout too hun :o)

Have fun with your new toy, I love my lappy and mine is bright red too lol!!

hugs Vicky xx

Renkata said...

Congrats dear Carol.
Happy Valentine's day to you too.
Your card is very chic.
Love her hair.

Anonymous said...

Hi Carole, gorgeous card. Enjoy your laptop, red sounds gorgeous. I absolutely love my laptop, I am sat here now in my PJ's catching up on some blogs, and wathing Corrie! LOl. Sue x

Julia Aston said...

Congrats on your new laptop! how fun! love the colors on this pretty card - and how you colored your cute image!

McCrafty's Cards said...

Lucky you getting a brand new lap top :o) gorgeous card, I have got this image but haven't used it yet, I like the colours you have used,
Kevin xx

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, Carole,how wonderful to have a new toy and it's red...WOW!!! I can just see you all curled up in front of the fire eating bon bons, watching a good girl flick, and typing away...LOL!!! Your card is adorable, too...the image is just perfect for today and your color experiment turned out beautifully!!!!

Jackie said...

Gorgeous card Carole. Have fun with your new laptop. Even when I'm on my big PC downstairs I am usually in my PJs and dressing gown :o)

Renkata said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeanie g said...

Love the card Carole and so appropriate. I bought a laptop recently too and it is very liberating. Trouble is I don't do so much crafting now as I'm busy looking at all the blogs and goodies for sale. lol

Angela Maez said...

What a great job capturing the glow from the laptop. Well done!

Nina I. said...

Beautiful card! Love your colouring;-)

Thank you for playing with Make it Colourful this week:-)

Hugs Nina

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Another fabulous card and a great layout. I love my laptop - so glad you got one! Thanks for playing along in the Make it Colourful challenge this week. :D

Jami said...

Congrats on the laptop and welcome to the world of wireless!! You really captured the glow of the laptop on her face with your coloring!! Beautiful!!