Thursday 17 February 2011

My first tag

Hello everyone, how are you all today? I hope you're well and enjoying crafting.  I seem to be trying new things at the moment - this is the first tag I've had a go at, and the image was another little experiment I did while my porridge was cooking.  This project began life as a pared-down, very clean and simple card, but it's ended up as a distressed and very busy tag......how did that happen? lol.

The Make It Colourful challenge this week is to add shadow and depth to make the image pop from the paper, so I picked up this image of two hearts with an arrow (a freebie from AI Factory) to practise on.  I used my favourite Copic colour family - the R20's, I'd use them on everything if I could! - and then cut a Nestie circle. The image just didn't work on a card so I made a tag instead. I added a bit of distressing, some new Guipure lace, a Tim Holtz adage ticket and some metal corners I found buried and forgotten about in my stash. A heart-shaped eyelet and a little more lace complete the tag. 

Now I've done one tag I think I'll do some more, it's very different to making cards, isn't it?



Image: freebie from AI Factory
Paper: K&Co Bailey
Colouring: Copic markers R20, R22, R24, R27, R29, R59, Y13, YR23, Y38
Others: Prima and Wild Orchid flowers, MIC metal corners, TH Adage ticket, everything else from stash

I am entering this tag in these challenges:

Make It Colourful: Shadow & Depth
C.R.A.F.T.: Not A Card
Spoonful of Sugar: Anything But A Card
Crafty Cardmakers: Hearts
Kaboodle Doodles: Hearts and Flowers
Top Tip Tuesday: All Stitched Up
Cupcake Craft Challenge: I heart You
Lollipop Crafts: Use Your Favourite Colouring Medium
Pink Elephant: Be My Valentine
Fresh Brewed: Anniversary
Samuel Taylor: Copic/Promarker gals
Crafty Catz: Valentines/Love
One Stop Craft Challenge: Love Is In The Air
Whoopsi Daisy: Free and Easy
The Crafty Pad: Hearts

Have a good evening, and Happy Crafting!
Carole x

36 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

well done Carole, you tag is beautiful, I like those corners,
Kevin xx

ps i will message you on dc later

Stamps and Paper said...

Carole your tag is lovely, very pretty and I just love how your lace justs 'peeps' out at the side.

Anne

Doreen said...

I think this is gorgeous Carole, love the image love the corners.xxx

Aunty Sue said...

great tag thanks for joining Crafty Catz

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Carole

What a gorgeous tag love how you've coloured the hearts and the metal corners look fab against your bp - oh and the lace is scrummy! Thanks for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodle and good luck.

Tina

carol said...

Carol your tag is fabulous, really pretty, thanks for sharing it with us at C.R.A.F.T and craftycatz. x carol

Vicky said...

Just fabulous Carol! such a gorgeous tag and I love all the embellies too :o)

hugs Vicky xx

mudmaven said...

This is just gorgeous! Love those flowers. Thanks for playing in our Hearts and Flowers challenge at Kaboodle Doodles this week. ~chris

Eiglas said...

Fab card with great stitching Carol! Those flowers are super too!
A little tip:- those Lovely embossed corners would look even better if you run a similar-coloured marker round the edges so the white card doesn't show!
Thank you for coming over to play at Top Tip Tuesday this week!
Hugs
Eiglas
x

Cathy said...

Very pretty tag Carole. I always enjoy seeing your creations. Thanks for sharing...

Jill said...

What a beautiful tag! Gorgeous colouring on those hearts. Thanks for playing along at Kaboodle Doodles this week. Jill

Valerie-Jael said...

Gorgeous tag, but now be careful - I got hooked after making my first tag!!

Stamps and Paper said...

HI Carole - please go over to my blog there is soemthing for you.

Anne

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week ! Your tag is gorgeous ! Love the corners !

Shree's Blog said...

Wow Carole what a beauty, with regards to heat embossing I am using a Versafine Onyx Black stamp pad as it captures fine details and Stamp n Stuff Midnight Black embossing powder, works a treat if you fancy giving it another try, lol xx

Janette said...

Fabulous Tag Carole, really love it, careful you'll get the 'bug' for these things.....lol..xxxxx

jeanie g said...

Oh they really are addictive Carole believe me. Love this tag, the stitching, corners, hearts and flowers. xx My email is jeangreen07@talktalk.net. Love to hear from you.xx

Renkata said...

Hi Carol,
this tag is beautiful and elegant.
Very beautiful design dear!

Nina I. said...

Beautiful tag!!!

Thank you for playing with Make it Colourful this week:-)

Hugs Nina

Anonymous said...

Carole this is gorgeous. Good luck with all those challenges. Sue x

Donna said...

A really beautiful creation…thanks for joining in the fun with us at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Made by Mandy said...

OMG, you would not believe that is your first tag if you hadn't said, it's blooming gorgeous. Sometimes the projects you are most proud of kind of evolve and happen by themselves. If it yields results like this I would just go with the flow and see where it takes you.

Thank you very much for entering our Hearts challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the prize draw

Mandy

Teresa said...

Its beautiful Carol, a very pretty tag, I love the metal corners they look gorgeous! xx

Shelley said...

Oh this tag looks fab, thanks for joining in this weeks One Stop Craft Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

chrissy xx said...

A Brilliant tag! LOve your colours. LOve your stitching. LOve those corners. Perfect.
Chrissyxx

Vee said...

What a wonderful tag, Thanks for joining our Stitched Up challenge at Top Tip Tuesday. Good Luck!
xx Vee

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

Love this tag and those metal embellishments are perfect! The colors are wonderful and the touch of pink/red is great. Thanks for playing along in the Make it Colourful challenge this week. :D

Jackie said...

Beautiful tag Carole, it would make a fab card topper :o)
Jackie xx

Jami said...

This is great Carole!! Love that denim looking paper - and your coloring on those little hearts is perfection!!! I may have to try out a tag or two myself now!

Anonymous said...

Hi "ME", love your blog, your work is fabulous, you are putting me to shame, love "HER".xxx
"Him" thinks it`s brilliant too.

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

What a wonderful tag Carole - I can't believe it's your first - it's way better than any tag I have ever made and I've made tons! LOL Thanks so much for playing along at WHOOPSI DAISY, KABOODLE DOODLES and FRESH BREWED DESIGNS. Hugs:)

Pat said...

Lovely tag, thanks for sharing at The Crafty Pad this week.

Pat xx

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! Your tag is gorgeous, Carole....the hearts are sooo beautifully colored and I love all the special details you added!!!!

Caroljenks said...

This is gorgeous and those hearts really do 'pop' from the page - great colouring :)

Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week for our 'All Stitched Up' Challenge :)

Carol x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

I love all the elements you added to your tag. Very romantic and fun

Thanks for playing along with is at Freshly Brewed Challenges February Month long challenge.
Hope to see you at the hop on March 1

HUGS
Heather

Sara Bee said...

I really love your tag, Carole, so elegant and beautiful as is all your craft work. It shines with professionalism.

Sara xx