Monday 21 February 2011

A challenge card, and a blog award

Hello everyone, I hope this finds you all well and happy today. Did you have a good weekend? Mine was quiet and sneezy......yes I've caught a cold! Don't worry, I shall try not to sneeze in your direction, he he.

As the weather outside has gone quite cold again, I have a card in some nice warm tones to show today.  The theme at Copic Creations this fortnight is for warm colours, which is good for me as I like using reds and yellows, and the challenge at Make It Colourful this week is to have smooth gradients in your colouring, which is what I tried to achieve on my little Tilda for this card. Her coat is made up of no less than 7 different shades of red, and the umbrella also has a lot of smooth blending on it. I love colouring her coat, and this was the first time I'd tried to get the light shining through her umbrella like this.  Still have to work on making the puddle look better though, he he. No flowers and fussy embellishments today, I kept it fairly simple with some faux stitching, a lacy border made with a Martha Stewart punch, a recycled bow and a circular sentiment.  Hope you like it.


Image: Magnolia
DPs: K&Co, Brenda Walton
Colouring: Copics - Coat: R00 R20 R22 R24 R27 R29 R59; Brolly: Y11 Y21 YR23 Y28; Boots: R32 R35 R37 R59; Hair: Y21 E31 E34 E37 E29

I'm entering my card in these challenges:
Make It Colourful: Smooth Gradients
Copic Creations: Warm Colours
Top Tip Tuesday: All Stitched Up
Simon Says Stamp And Show: Show Some Stripes



The lovely Anne of Stamps and Paper has passed on the Stylish Blogger award to me.....thanks Anne! Check out her blog - she is an accomplished cardmaker with some smashing designs.


The rules/mini challenge for this award are:
Step 1 - Make a post linking back to the person who gave you the award
Step 2 - Share 7 random things about yourself
Step 3 – Award 7  recently discovered bloggers with this award
Step 4 – Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won the award

What 7 things can I tell you, let's see..... Well these are pretty random:
1. I keep staring at curtains and clothes to try and work out how to colour pleats (yes, I am mad!)
2. My favourite piece of music is Bach's Air from Suite 3, even the music score is beautiful.
3. My favourite chocolate is a Daim bar, luckily they don't seem to be widely available!
4. I'm a bit addicted to distressing since I learned how to use my distressing tool properly. 
5. My favourite colour is green, although it's a colour I hardly ever use in crafting.
6. I used to be a footie fan and could even tell you the offside rule. But that was over 20 years ago and I have long since lost all interest in the game.
7. I have a lunch date with a handsome gentleman today!!!

These are the stylish blogs I'm passing the award on to:
2. Kevin from McCraftys Cards
3. Doreen from Doreen's Dream
4. Jackie from Craft Designs
5. Jami from Sgt Stamper
6. Alex from Eisbaerentraeume
7. Sue from Craftymoone

 
Check out their blogs, each and every one makes inspirational cards.

Happy crafting!

Carole x

19 comments:

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card, your colouring is fantastic :o)
Congratulations on your well deserved blog award and thank you so much for passing it onto me. I will have to go away and think of what to say about myself :o)
Jackie xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Another beautiful creation - *Lady in Red* - and congrats on the award. You deserve it!

Stamps and Paper said...

Carole a beautiful card and your colouring is just perfect....

Anne

chrissy xx said...

It's Gorgeous. LOve the shading on the umbrella and that puddle looks wet enough to me lol. Perfect. You have a lunch date today? Enjoy!
Chrissyxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

What a gorgeous card Carole, I like tilda in red :o) thank you so much for the blog award im chuffed.
Kevin xx

Doreen said...

Thank you so much for thinking of me for the award Carole. Your card is gorgeous ,I love it.xxx

Renkata said...

Hi Carol, very pretty card dear.
Love the rich red colour, that,s my favorite colour :)

Vicky said...

Ah Carol this is such a cutie hun and I love the border punch and pretty layout too :o)

Well done also on your award ~ well deserved!

hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Carole, Gorgeous card. Congrats on the award and thanks for passing it to me, very much appreciated. I will have a think about it, and pass it on later in the week. I am brain dead at the mo, working full time, and I'm so not used to it! Hope you had a good lunch! Sue x

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Carol and FAB colouring! Red is so hard to work with , you've done a great job!
Love the comment about staring at curtains & clothes...hehehe! We're all quite mad I think!
Thanks for playing at Make it Colourful! Viv :)

Teresa said...

Congratulations on your award Carole you really deserve it and your tilda card is just fabulous, really love seeing her in red!
Hugs Teresa xx

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! Your coloring is Spectacular, Carole...I can't believce you used 7 colors of red on her coat...I wished you lived closer so I could get a few lessons!!!! Thanks for the award...you are sooo sweet!!! When my son was playing soccer, I knew all the rules (well, the ones that were in our favor, anyway...LOL) and I had a date with a handsome gent today, too...it's a small world!!!

Fiona said...

lovely card Carole...looking forward to working with you over at Dream Valley Challenge.

Fi
x

jeanie g said...

Lovely card Carole hope your cold gets better soon. xx

Carrie's Corner said...

Very adorable card. Your very talented with those copics. Oh how I wish I was that talented with those markers! Wanted to drop in and tell you that I look forward to working with you over at Dream Valley Challenges!

Hugs
Carrie

Lin said...

Hi Carole, what a lovely card.

I am very much looking forward to working with you over at Dream Valley. I have added you to my Design Team blogroll and am now following you.

Lin xx

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh, gorgeous card .... your red colouring is fab! Looking forward to getting to know you better at Dream Valley!

Fairydust Reborn Babies said...

Beautifull card stunning colours.
Christine xx

Susie said...

Hi Carole. Love your colouring of Tilda - looks gorgeous! Dream Valley is going to fab, just like the friendly team we have!! Susie x