Saturday 6 October 2012

Guest Designer at Sweet Stampin'



Hello everyone - it's a busy few weeks for me as I'm Guest Designer at Sweet Stampin' for October....yay! I found their blog a while a go and it quickly became one of my favourites, so when they asked if I'd like to play along for a month, well you can imagine I was pleased!

The theme this week is Through The Window, and I thought that this would suit a scene I merged up some time ago but never got round to colouring. It's an indoor scene, obviously, but there's another scene which can be seen through the window. The inspiration for this card came from the wonderful Joanne, who used this cute Robyn's Fetish image months ago and I fell in love with it. Of course, I had to do it my way so I added a few background images from Make It Crafty to create this cute little scene for a boy's Christmas card:



The background stamps are the window, table and flowers (called By The Window); the snow-covered tree that you can see through the window (called Large Pine Tree, from the Winter Objects collection of images), and the picture frame on the wall (from a digi called Fireplace). Do you see the picture inside the frame? It's a watercolour scene I did some years ago, and I quite like the thought that it possibly includes the same tree that you can see through the little mouse's window, just painted from a different direction. This is a scan of the watercolour:




I added some dots of silver ink to the sky to make stars:

 
 
The papers have been distressed around the edges with distress inks, and one of the papers has been handstitched. The sentiment is printed on the computer and also distressed and aged with a little ink. The ribbon, poinsettias, leaf and pearl are from my stash. 

This is also a Colouring Inspiration project for Make It Crafty, and you can read more about the colouring HERE (from 7th Oct).  It was quite a challenge to colour the reflection of the lamp on the wall - I had to study my own bedside lamp and take photos to try and work out the colouring!

***

On a personal note, I wanted to say a big thank you for the comments, emails and even cards that lovely bloggers have sent, they meant a lot. I am still feeling weak and don't have any answers from the docs yet, but am sort of getting into a new routine with it all and as you see have even taking up a bit of crafting again. As I always say: you can't keep a crafter down! lol.

***
 
I'd like to enter this card in these challenges:
Bunny Zoe's Challenge - Distressing
Cards For Men - Animal Magic
Crafts & Me - My Sentiments Exactly
Crafty Mess - Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge - Use More Than 2 Colours
Inky Impressions - Let's Hear It For The Boys
Paper Shelter - Distressing
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes
Pixie Dust Studio - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Cute & Cuddly
 
 
Thanks for visiting, enjoy the rest of your day, and of course Happy Crafting!


35 comments:

Delphine said...

Oh Carole, this is absolutely gorgeous! The scene you created is simply fantastic and you have coloured it so beautifully! And I love your attention to detail:-) Have a great weekend! Hugs Delphine xx

Jackie said...

Good morning Carole, I've been waiting with bated breath for this one, and you have not disappointed at all. You've created a wonderful scene and coloured it beautifully :o)
I hope you get some answers from the docs very soon so that you can move forward, no matter how slowly.
Hugs,
Jackie xx

Janette said...

Oh wow Carole, this is the tops, it's a stunning scene and so beautifully put together and coloured....wow...you can always knock us all out with your skills....
So very glad to see you again and I hope soon your feeling much better..xxxxxxx

Stamps and Paper said...

WOW Carole this is gorgeous such a lovely scene and your colouring is just amazing...lovely to see you blogging again

Anne

Doreen said...

Well it is so good to see you blogging again Carole....This is gorgeous, I love the image and great scene you have created.xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi Carole, Its nice to see you, I am pleased to hear you are managing to do a bit of crafting I have been keeping you in my prayers, this is absolutely gorgeous I like the scene you have created, the papers and the poinsettia.
Kevin xx

chrissy xx said...

Good Afternoon Carole. Wonderful to see you out here in blogland! And what a FABulous scene this is.....
STUnning colours as always.
STUnning detail too.....I LOVE IT.
Chrissyxx

Crafty Moone Cards said...

Gorgeous card Carole, lovely to see you back blogging. Take care
Sue x

Vicky said...

Simply beautiful hun...and loving your gorgeous colouring too...:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

mixamatoasties said...

Beautiful card. Love the little scene you have created.

Susan x

Tracey said...

This is stunning, I love the lil scene :)
Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter & Good Luck!
Hugs
Tracey
x

crafty-stamper said...

This is a stunning card and love all the different images you have used to craeate the scene thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown
Carol DT x

Elizabeth Hart said...

Coloring on this sweet is just so perfect - colors choices are perfect. Loved it.Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Gingerloft Challenge.

Cathy said...

Wow Carole this is wonderful and i am so pleased that you are crafting again.

Karen said...

What a beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions this week.

Karen

Janette said...

Me again hun....the funny thing with the Bookmark is the embellies don't seem to get crushed, unless it flowers, they stick out to much, but even ones with fancy ribbon seem to stand the test of time....strange...lol...xxx

June Nelson said...

Oh sweetheart at first I thought this was ready coloured!!! its amazing and how the heck have you acheived perfection like that!!!!!!!! you need to come and visit me your astounding!!! its sheer perfection just beautiful big hggis June xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Linda Wescott said...

Hi Carole, I'm your newest follower. After seeing this awe-inspiring creation on MIC I had to come over and see more.....then of course I found out you are a Brummie too...how could I resist lol. Looking forward to seeing more of your stunning work. Hugs lin

Joanne said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Carole, I LOVE what you did with this stamp!!! You added so much to it, it looks FAB! Love the watercolor and the window, how absolutely brilliant! And your coloring is SUPER! The quilt looks so soft and puffy, awesome! You have done a super job of guest DT, and they are so lucky to have you. Thanx so much for your sweet note too. I was so happy to hear from you. Hope you are feeling much better, I think of you so often. BIG hugs, J:)

Exclusively by Mel said...

WOW your card is fabulous! I just adore your colouring and wonderful image.
Thanks so much for joining us at Deep Ocean, Love, Mel. xxx

Cards By MI said...

A very lovely looking card. Really sweet. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Babette said...

Gorgeous card, you're background is really stunning.
Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
Babette

Sharon Caudle said...

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talents with us and helping us celebrate our 5th Birthday at Papertake Weekly! Please be sure you've commented on all the designers blogs for the biggest chance of winning one of the amazing prizes! Hope to see you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Pop's Cards said...

Gorgeous sweetie, I love your colours too, perfect, huggles Pops x x x

RoseC said...

Oh, Carole . . . your beautifully colored bedside praying mouse looks fabulous on this gorgeous card. Your addition of your reduced watercolor art and night scene outside of your window give this masterpiece your own special touch! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps' digi team's "My Sentiments Exactly!" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose

Doreen said...

simply stunning
Hugs
Doreen xx

Cathy said...

Hi Carole, I was so happy to see that you became a follower on my blog. I love our network of friends. I hope you are doing well today.

MarkerGeek said...

Oh Carole, I am so happy to see you back crafting and blogging again. Sorry to hear you've been so unwell. Really hope the doctors can get it figured out for you.

This latest piece is STUNNING! Love the beautiful colouring and all the gorgeous details.

~Elaine
Quixotic Cards

Natali said...

Beautiful card. Love this "Christmas tale" scene.
Hugs
Natali
DT Sweet Stampin`

Unknown said...

Simply gorgeous card love the "christmas tale" scene beautiful
Debbie
:)

Donna Ellis said...

How darling! Love your coloring - the quilt looks so inviting and plump! Sweet little bedroom details - amazing composition!

Sandra Wright. said...

Wow,you card is a delight,love the image,the colour choices are just perfect.

Thank you for playing in the Craftymess Challenge.

Sandie

Joan Ervin said...

I don't think there are enough words to praise your coloring talents, Carole....gorgeous, fantastic, fabulous, amazing, awesome....WOW!!!!! I would like to think if I looked at your work long enough, I could gleen some of your mojo but I'm afraid that's wishful thinking...LOL!!!! Your attention to detail is amazing...you even added the glow from the lamp and your hand stitching is the perfect finishing touch!!! Congrats on your new Guest DT position...they are sooo lucky to have you on their team!!!!

Unknown said...

Such a lovely entry, thank you for playin with us at craftymess challenge blog

hugs
Judie xx

Aunty Sue said...

Hi carol good too see you blogging you never fail too amaze as all your followers keep saying.stunning water colouring you did. Love the trees and amazed you included so o much and the balance of thecard not to mention how's cute is he at his bed.hugs sue xx