Monday 22 November 2010

Tilda Challenge / Copic Creations Challenge - Paper-Piecing and shading

Hi all, hope everyone had a good weekend.  Mine was a very crafty one, managed to find my mojo after a bit of a dry spell and started and finished 3 cards!  It meant I was up till 3am 2 nights running, but great to get stuck into something creative again.


This is one of my makes......Fluffles is doing the Tilda challenge on Docrafts this week and she chose paper-piecing as the theme.  Well, this is one of my favourite techniques, not least because it gets me out of colouring what for me is the most difficult part of the image.  The challenge over on Copic Creations is also for paper-piecing, with the addition of shading on the cut paper. 


I adore this Tilda image, but it's not the easiest to paper-piece, as I found out.  The coat and gloves are cut from the pale cream backing paper (there's big hole in the middle under the mat where I stamped the coat for cutting out), and I used W1, W3 and W5 copics to add shading to the clothes.  Shading onto patterned paper was very much a new thing to me, and I fiddled around with it so much that you can't really see the pattern on the paper any more.  Nevermind, it was fun to make and I'm definitely going to try this again. Hope you like it.


Enjoy the rest of your Monday.

Carole x

15 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautifully coloured, Carole, that must have taken a lot of time.Well done! And your Tilda is wearing my boots!!! Hugs, Valerie

Jackie said...

Like it? I love it. It's absolutely superb and the colours are great :o)
Yes I had a brilliant weekend thank you with great company, fab crafting and wonderful retail therapy :o)
Jackie xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Carole, absolutely love this card. I have also jusr become a follower! Sue x

jeanie g said...

Hi Carole Just found your blog and I love your card, beautiful colours. From a fellow brummie. Jean xx

Jami said...

Wow Carole! This is stunning!! I just love the lace and flowers and all the little details!! Your paper-piecing and coloring is fabulous!!! So happy you joined us at Copic Creations!! {hugs}

Joan Ervin said...

OMG...your coloring on that adorable image is FABULOUS!!!! Love your layout and all the gorgeous details, too!!!

China said...

I have always admired your colouring techniques Carole and the way you make your images come to life. The above cards are a brilliant example and are just perfect. I have yet to reach such a high standard and can only hope that with much more practice I will be somewhere near as professional as you at colouring. Your tips on technique are precise and so easy to follow too.

Janette said...

Hi Carole, WOW...this is soooo gorgeous, the colours you chose for Tilda are just fabulous, love it.xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

an absolutely gorgeous card Carole, this is one of my favorite tilda images and you have coloured her perfectly, brilliant layout,
Kevin xx

Renkata said...

Delightful card. Beautiful layout and details.

Heather said...

Absolutely gorgeous Carole, beautiful colours, papers and your colouring and shading of Tilda is brilliant.

So glad you joined us at Copic Creations,
hugs Heather xx

mycardz said...

OMGoodness! This is sooo gorgeous! I love it! Love this Tilda, of course and your paper piecing is perfect!! Awesome job on this challenge. So glad you could join us at Copic Creations! Thank you. hugz, Mary

"Kirby" (KrB) said...

Wowzers, this is gorgeous, Carole. Your coloring is sensational. Thanks so much for joining our Copic Creations challenge.

Elaine aka Quixotic said...

This is stunning Carole!

Sara Bee said...

It doesn't surprise me your card is in the spotlight, Carole. Your colouring is always perfect and professional and all your cards are just wonderful.

Hugs, Sara xx