Friday 26 November 2010

Tip of the day

Hi all, just thought I'd share with anyone who's interested a little something I discovered whilst colouring an image recently.  I was using a  pale shade and fading it out to nothing using my blender pen.  About half way through the blender pen ran dry!  Disaster loomed cos you know you can't let your ink dry and resume the next day or after you've refilled because you can see the join.  Luckily, the chisel end of the pen still had some juice in it, so I was able to complete my project, but the chisel tip wouldn't have been too chunky for some work, so what then?  It made me realise that if it's a colour you use in every project and rely on, like the blender pen or your favourite skin colour, then it's a good idea to have 2 of those markers so that if you do run dry you can go seamlessly to your other marker. 

I have now got myself a nice new Sketch blender as well as my Ciao, plus a bottle of Various Ink to refill, so I can at least sleep at night now. 

Happy colouring!
Carole x

5 comments:

Valerie-Jael said...

Now I know this perhaps I will sleep better, too? Well done on your good and useful tips and have a nice weekend! Hugs, PJ Valerie

Jackie said...

Thanks for the tip Carole. I do have duplicates of some of my most used colours but it was accidental and I have discovered the value of those extra ones :o)
Jackie xx

Carole of Brum said...

Oh yes, Jackie, I've done the same and ended up with 2 of the same colour by mistake, but it's amazing how much the extras come in handy. CoB

Carole of Brum said...

Lol Valerie, I've just noticed how you've signed your name. I think you should call yourself Miner Val instead he he he. CoB

China said...

Great idea Carole - though I will have to use my pens a lot more before I have to worry about them running out. Still I'm armed with a great tip for when I do:) Thanks Cobs.
xxx