Sunday, 6 March 2011

Dream Valley Challenge #2 - New Beginnings

Good afternoon bloggers, I hope your weekend has been enjoyable so far. Well, it's Sunday which means that it's the second of our challenges over at Dream Valley. The theme this fortnight is New Beginnings, whatever you take that to be. Think new babies, new job or school, new home, marriage, celebrating new shoes, even retirement being a new chapter, or anything else that means NEW to you.

This is my DT card for the challenge, and as you can see I went for a wedding card. I stamped this bridal couple straight to paper in sepia ink and added the swirl corner also in sepia. Some extra swirls in Tim Holtz Tattered Rose breaks up the backing paper a bit more. As you can tell, I am loving my layers of Martha Stewart-punched borders right now, and I added some ribbons because you just have to, don't you? I wanted the 'bouquet' to be the main focus and I fronted it with a stamped cartouche to which I gave a little colour with pencils and aged the central panel a little. The sentiment was printed from the computer and I placed a couple of pearls on it to finish it off. Hope you like it, I was quite pleased with it and made a couple of anniversary cards in the same design the next day.




Images: Papermania bridal couple, Papermania swirls, Anna Griffin cartouche
DP: Papermania Exquisite
Pearl spray: Wild Orchid
Everything else from stash

I'm entering this card in these challenges:
Ooh La La Creations: Pink, pink and more pink
Wild Orchid: Anything Goes
Digital Tuesday: Celebrations (computer-generated sentiment)
Papertake Weekly: Anything Goes, optional something old (the stamps and papers are pretty old)
Top Tip Tuesday: Favourites (border-punched layers are a fave, also the papers & flowers)
ABC Challenge:  P is for Pink
Little Claire:  Flowers


I hope you'll join in, we had such a fantastic response to our first Anything Goes challenge which was a great start to the new blog. Remember, the challenge is fortnightly from now.

Happy crafting!
Carole x

30 comments:

craftattack said...

Lovely and romantic card! Hugs, Valerie

Doreen said...

What a gorgeous card Carole,love the entire card .xxx

Stamps and Paper said...

Carole what a beautiful wedding card...love how you have used the punch to look like lace...stunning card.


Anne

Mags said...

This is so dreamy and romantic! The frame for the sentiment is especially stunning! Lovely card.

luv, Mags x

Anne said...

Lovely card, thanks for linking up with us at OLL. Hugs x

Renkata said...

Carol, I love it dear!
Such an elegant and beautiful card. Love the punch lace ,so beautifly done.

Jack said...

Stunning card. I love the bridal flowers and the colours are perfect. xx

Sue said...

Beautiful card Carole.
Sue x

Vicky said...

So beautiful Carole! love the image and layered border ~ simply stunning hun :o)

hugs Vicky xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card so elegent, I like the punched lace.
Kevin xx

Fiona said...

gorgeous card...love the floral thingy...I can only real do single flowers cos I am rubbish at arranging them!!

fi
x

Melly said...

Just stunning petal!
I so love the colours, the image, the flowers just all of it is so elegant!
Fab!
Hugs Melly xxx

chrissy xx said...

What a Gorgeous card. Soooo pretty.
LOve the 'lace'.
Chrissyxx

Carrie's Corner said...

Simply beautiful! Love the layered punches and the glitter on the edges. Wonderful sentiment too.

Hugs
Carrie

Lynne in NI said...

Oooh Carole, what a stunner! Love your punched borders and the flower arrangement is ever so pretty ... the happy couple are gonna love it!

Lin said...

I just spent a couple of minutes looking for the pears! Then it clicked, you meant pearls. Thank you for brightening up my morning.

Your card is amazing. You were very brave stamping directly on your bp like that. I should no doubt have ruined the paper and had to find something else.

Lin xx

Jackie said...

What a beautiful card :o)
Jackie xx

sari said...

This is such a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the three ruffles on the side..that's soooo gorgeous!!!! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Carole of Brum said...

Lin, I just had a good giggle. You won't believe I proof-read a couple of times before posting, but those pears passed me by. I'll edit now to stop others fruitlessly (lol) looking for pears. CoB

Carole of Brum said...

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments.CoB

Samantha said...

Lovely card, love this MS lace border punch too! one of my favourites too! Thanks for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday this time hugs Samantha :0)

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous creation, love the way the border is slightly lifted - so pretty. Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday this week :)

Carol x

Marcea said...

What a fabulous card. Love your image and embellies. Thankyou so much for joining us on PTW
-x-

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, this is gorgeous, Carole!!!! I absolutely love how you stamped the image on the dp and the scallops, flowers, and the sentiment framing is sooo elegant!!!! Dream Valley challenge....I'll upload my card tonight!!!

Shree's Blog said...

Hi Carole, Gorgeous as ever your blog. was wondering which image you liked, was it the witch or the Halloween one, feeling a bit better thanks, lol xx

melsanford said...

Such a pretty card - love the stamping right onto that goooorgeous paper :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

angelwhispers said...

Just beautiful and such a lovely blog!! Chanelle xxx

HelenR said...

What a gorgeous card, I love the flowers! Thank you for joining us at Little Claire's :) x

Khristen said...

Beautiful! Love the stampwork so very much, and yes, you must add ribbon! I always feel the same way, if it's missing something, it MUST be ribbon! Fab card :)