Friday, 25 March 2011

Tilda with Balloon

Hello, just a short post from me today so that I can blog this card in time for a challenge. My week of rest was rather interrupted by a setback with poorliness, so it hasn't been the break I had planned. Nevermind, I've done some very gentle crafting and this is the result, a bit each day at least makes one card a week, lol.

Firstly, some nice news.......my fairy card, which was also my very first DT card, was a Top 5 winner at Crafty Cardmakers which really pleases me cos I enjoyed making that one so much.

 
This is me combining a couple of colouring challenges: Make It Colourful wants to see green and yellow blended together - this I've done with the balloon, where I blended from mid-green G24 to yellow Y02 via G21 and YG03.  And iCopic wants us to use the colour combination of green, lime, and turquoise - my green is in the grass (G20,G21,G24), my lime is the balloon (Y02,YG03,G21,G24), and my turquoise is my little Tilda's dress and hairband (BG000,BG01,BG05,BG09). Lots of firsts for me in this card....first time I'd used this image, first time I'd attempted to colour the folds of a dress, the leaf die is new, it's a colour combo I would never have come up with myself, and I finally managed the nerve to spray completed work with glimmer mist. What a scare-dy cat I am, he he. I tried to keep the background colours and the flowers nice and fresh for spring and to tie in with the colour of the balloon.





A close up of the colouring

Image: Magnolia Tilda
DP: My Mind's Eye, the cover of a free calendar
Colouring: Copic
Leaves: Magnolia Doo-hickey die
Flowers & Pearls: Wild Orchid
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist - Pearl
Lace, ribbons, roses, from my craft box

This is for these challenges:
Make It Colourful - Blend yellow and green together (my balloon)
iCopic - use Green (grass), lime (balloon), and turquoise (dress)
Let's Ink It Up - Diecuts/punches (my rose leaves are diecuts)
Wild Orchid - Dieing to Punch It Out (my rose leaves are diecuts)
Papertake Weekly - It's a Mom thing/Girlie (I went for the girlie option)
Spoonful of Sugar - Ribbon, Pearls/Rhinestones, and Flowers
Pile it On - Pearls, Rhinestones and Bling (I used pearls, glimmer mist and glitter on the flowers and mat)
Crafty Purple Frog - Going Green
Do You Stack Up - Shine ON, sparkles and bling (I used pearls, glimmer mist and glitter on the flowers and mat)

Ooops, not such a short post after all! I hope you like the card, it was another one I enjoyed making a lot.

Happy crafting!
Carole x


33 comments:

Janette said...

Hi Carole,Your card and colouring is just stunning, love those flowers and leaves also, really fab card....hope your feeling much better by now.xxx

Leah the Orange said...

this is fantastic! i love the colours - Tilda looks so beautiful and that green balloon is just what we're looking for at Make it Colourful! thanks for playing along in our blending green and yellow challenge! :D

Dotty Jo said...

This is so sweet Carole, quite clearly 'made with love'! Hope you are feeling better now and congrats on your top 5 win. Which part of Brum are you from... and are there any good craft shops in your part of the metropolis??? I'm lucky enough to live a short drive from Wendy's AKA The Secret Crafter, who has an online shop and a 'real' shop in Halesowen. Have a good weekend, Jo x

Sue said...

Hi Carole, gorgeous card. Hope you are feeling better. Sue x

Renkata said...

hi dear Carol, this amazing card.
So beautifly coloured. Amazing flowers.

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Carole, love the floral arrangement!
Clairexx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Carole, I like this tilda, I am hoping i might get her for my birthday, I love the flowers.
Kevin xx

Vicky said...

Such a beautiful card Carole....gorgeous image and such beautiful colouring too..I love it!

hugs Vicky xx

Bron said...

Hi Carole, Isn't it revolting when a holiday turns into a sick-bed break? Yet you still managed to turn out a stunning piece like this card, challenge yourself three times over and then actually get up and post on your blog. When I'm sick, no-one comes near me 'cos I'm such a witch! And nothing gets done. You're an inspiration!

tea_bag said...

Fab card love the colours

WencheP said...

Beautiful card, love the details and the coloring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Jackie said...

Oh wow Carole, this is so beautiful. Your colouring is brilliant :o)
Sorry you've been poorly, I hope you are soon felling much better.
Hugs, Jackie xx

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card! Congrats on your top 5 - well deserved :-) Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Shree's Blog said...

Hi Carole,

Sorry to hear you have not been very well, sending big hugs to you, better here now I am off the infection treatments as made my asthma play up but obviously have to feel worse to appreciate the better, hahahaha!

Gorgeous card as usual, do take care of yourself my friend, lol

Shree xx

Stamps and Paper said...

Carole this is such a sweet card...just love how you have placed your flowers.
Hope you are feeling better.

Anne

craftattack said...

Lovely card even if it is Tilda! She's wearing my winter boots! Valerie

craftykitten said...

Super card, love those punched leaves they set off your flowers beautifully. Thanks for joining in our Die Cuts/Punches challenge at LIIU this time.
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

GoonerGirl said...

Gorgeous card Carole superb colouring feeling lots better now thank you :O) Chris xx

Claire said...

Beautiful card, I love those flowers and your colouring is perfect! Hope you are feeling better now. Thanks for joining us at LIIU and good luck
Claire xx

Teresa said...

Everytime I see a tilda on a card I think to myself aww that's my favourite one...trouble is I love them all, this Tilda with the balloon is just sooo cute! I adore your card Carole, your colouring is fab and the whole card just looks perfect I love it. xx

Lynne in NI said...

Ohhh she's absolutely gorgeous, Carole! Beautifully coloured and the flowers are soooo pretty too! Hope you're feeling much better.

Cathy said...

Carole I love your Tilda card. I just purchased some Tilda stamps yesterday. I can't wait until they arrive. Thanks for your sweet,kind comments. Your crafting friend, Cathy

Sharon Peele said...

Wow beautiful card!! Love the flowers and you did a awesome job on the coloring!! Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Ink It Up and good luck!!!

Jo said...

So lovely, your colouring is awesome! I’m so glad you joined us this week at DYSU! I love getting to check out all these new blogs!

chrissy xx said...

Don't know how I missed this Carole! Especially with it being a Tilda. Fabulous card. What a cutie. Great colouring too. Those flowers look Fab. Know what you mean about glimmer mist lol. I have one but only look at it. he! he! Congraulations on your win.
Chrissyxx

Jack said...

This is another stunning card. Your colouring and floral arrangements are so gorgeous! Thanks for the kind comments on my blog - btw that pearl and bug bracelet is really easy. Just beads and charms strung on a bit of stretchy elastic - honest anyone can do it.
Jack xx

Khristen said...

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one short on crafty time! The layouts I posted yesterday were the first ones in a long long long long time...it's like the creativity just poured out! It was crazy! I love your card, it is so cute, and congrats on making the top 5 :) xoxo

Rachel x said...

Hi Carole :)
What a beautiful card- not a colour-combo I'd have thought up myself either but it looks fab!! :) The flowers are so pretty and your colouring on the dress folds is great too- never seem to ahve enough control over my colouring for that sort of thing!!lol
Thanks so much for your comments at the weekend- especially the tip on printing on blanks- like the thinking with recycling mistakes as well... think I'll need that!!lol And also for your encouragement on the DT front- I really appreciate that from someone who understands the particular issues!! I think making the cards will be okay, just a tad nervous of getting comments done but fingers crossed I'll cope!! :S :)
Sorry you've had a bad week and didn't get your planned rest- something always happens one way or another, doesn't it?! Hope you're feeling a little better by now though!! :)
take care,
hugs, Rachel x

Joan Ervin said...

Oh my word, Carole...your coloring it over the top GORGEOUS...WOW!!!! Your blending and color choices just blows my mind!!!! This is such a fabulous card...perfect in every way!!!!
I'm sorry your week off wasn't what you planned...hope you are feeling better!!!!

China said...

Hi Carole
Sorry to read you were not able to catch up on your chores and have been poorly in stead. Take care petal - plenty of rest.
Your card is beautiful and your colouring is perfection! Congratulations on your Fairy Card too, no surprise to me though:)and well deserved.
hugs
xxx

angelwhispers said...

Just love it and the image is just beautiful such wonderful colouring!

Thanks for joining us over at TCPFC Love Chanelle xxx

Melly said...

Aww I love it!
This is just stunning honey! Tilda is coloured beautifully and those flowers finish it off nicely!
Hugs Melly xxx

Lin said...

Just gorgeous, and all those firsts so beautifully accomplished!

Lin xx